Saturday, March 03, 2007

Losing Friends and Colleagues

This month is not a very good month for me. The year of the Boar definitely does not start with good things. The most obvious is when my colleagues which I considered as friends started to leave the company, one by one. The admin manager left earlier in December. In January, the deputy project director called me in to tell me that he might be leaving as well. As March came, he left. Before him, one of the shareholder also packed up his bags and pull out his money.

However, a severe blow came in when someone in the department told me she is leaving as well. Then came another severe blow in a form of a phone call from another friend in the department. He said he will not be coming back from his holiday. He is now doing a freelance job for his old company. I almost want to hang up. Nevertheless, I accepted their decision. I have dealt with resignation before but the sheer number of friends and colleague leaving at the same time did touched me. I felt sad.

Reflecting back, we had a good time together in the department. In the same train of thoughts, I remembered how close we were as friends and colleagues. There are almost not a single dull moment. Then I realised that losing colleagues does not mean losing friends. We can still keep in touch. We can still chat. We can still meet up. Maybe not as often but true friends does not have to be colleagues.

So to all my friends who are leaving, do keep in touch.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:26 am, Blogger marwan said...

I feel for you. It's really hard to let a friend go -- what's more if he/she is also your colleague. I have my fair share of losses as well. It seems that everyone I get along well with here is leaving me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home